Sunday, February 26, 2012

Message of the Day

This morning I was watching Joel Osteen.  My husband and I haven't gotten established in a church here yet since we moved, so I really like to watch Joel on Sunday mornings.  His messages are inspirational and are usually just what I need to hear.  This morning's message was about not letting your struggles, obstacles, and challenges get the best of you.  Don't let yourself be defeated with your negative thinking.  Don't tell yourself that you'll never get out of debt, or your current situation will never get better, because when you start thinking and speaking negatively, God lets go and stops doing the work for you.  When you start thinking negatively, that becomes your reality.  Instead, have the faith in God and be positive and say and know that your problems will get better, you will get out of town, you will own a house one day, you will beat that cancer, ect.  He used an example of sitting back in a chair and kicking your feet up on top of your problems.  Look down on your problems, not up to them.  And to always remember that we lead by FAITH and not by SIGHT!!!

I will certainly be taking this message very seriously and plan to adapt that in my life as well with my comments and thinking about things.  I know that God has a plan for us and will get us to where we want to be!

Happy Sunday!!

p.s-Hubby and I will be going to a new church next Sunday!  It's hard because he doesn't have every Sunday off, but I can't wait to try it out.  We really want to get established up here before Aubrey is born, so we can have her christened in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment