Saturday, February 4, 2012

DIY

So lately I have been feeling very crafty and very much in the mood for DIY projects!  It started when I was reading another blog, godblessournest.blogspot.com and I came across the most adorable baby mobile.  She made it herself, and also posted instructions on how to make it.  That really inspired me to try to be a little more crafty.
I went to Michael's and started to buy the main wire round piece that you need, but for now that is all I can buy for this project until I know the baby's gender.  Although my hunch is still that it is a girl.  When I was at Michael's, they had so many Valentines Day decorations out, that I fell into their trap.  But everything seemed very pricey, including the vases.  So I decided to buy a mason jar for around $2, and some of the shorter flowers that were on sale for 40% off.  Then when I was waiting in line, a very nice lady voluntarily gave me her extra 40% off coupon!! That was so nice, and that like never happens to me!! So for very little cost, I made an adorable set up on my dresser for Valentines Day!
I saw this next picture while browsing through other blogs.  It's a beautiful lamp from Pottery Barn.  I have an older lamp in my bedroom that I have been dying to do something else with.  I am planning to try to make it look something like this.  I am going to get a hot glue gun and flowers from Michael's (love that place!).  I will post pictures when I am done! (fingers crossed)
The next DIY project on my list, I am so EXCITED about!  I forget what blog I got this idea from, but she was giving this to her friend as a baby shower gift.  They are stick ons, and she just stuck them on a onesie for each month of the babie's age.  I can not wait to do this and post pics of my little one each month! How clever. She got them from this shop on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/75693571/handmade-monthly-milestone-onesie?ref=cat1_gallery_31
Okay, with all of these DIY projects I plan to do I better get busy! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I love your DIY ambition and the things that you have pictured are such cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog as I was on the hunt for a tutorial for the crystal baby mobile. For some reason, I'm not able to open the blog that has the tutorial. Were you able to make it? I'd love to see how it turned out! :)

    ReplyDelete