Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Favorite Part about Being Pregnant...

Yesterday as I was browsing facebook, I noticed Baby Center asked a poll question on their page, "What is the best part of being pregnant?" Many women answered, "when its over!".  Some answered, "baby shower!"  So it got me thinking.  I started to think about life before I was pregnant, and now life while I am pregnant.  I thought to myself, what is my favorite part of being pregnant?  Well, a few things popped into my head, one of which is eating all the time, which is always fun! :) I also thought about how excited I am for my baby shower's coming up. However to me, the real excitement of being pregnant, is the planning and preparation.  The anticipation of meeting our sweet gift from God! Do you remember when you were a kid, and how excited you got to open your presents on Christmas day?  That's how I feel about having my daughter.  I am so unbelievably excited to bring her into this world, to meet her, to teach her how to be a strong, confident, polite woman.  I just love all of the planning, and picking out her nursery theme, her clothes, her toys.  Getting everything I need before the big day comes.  To me, that is the BEST part of being pregnant!!
So far I am 21 weeks along.  I am feeling good, although still very tired.  Sleeping at night is starting to become a little difficult.  I find that my legs get very restless at night, I can't seem to get comfortable, and I am even a little agitated at night.  From what I hear, the sleeping only gets more difficult.  I suppose that's preparation for having a baby keep you up all night!
Here is my 21 week baby bump picture.  We had already told our friends and family for weeks now that we were having a girl, but I uploaded this picture to FB to tell my extended friends and family the good news :)

No comments:

Post a Comment